SUMMIT LEAGUE HALL OF FAME FAQs
What is the selection process?
Summit League Hall of Fame inductees may be selected in one of four categories: student-athlete, coach, administrator, team. Each year a nine-person selection committee, led by a non-voting representative from the league office, will nominate, review and select that year’s induction class. The committee will vote to induct no more than five selections each year. Any nominees who were eligible, but not selected, shall continue on the ballot for up to five years before they must be resubmitted after a two-year removal period.
Who is eligible?
The following eligibility requirements are in place for Summit League Hall of Fame nominees:
1) Must have competed at least two years for a league member at the time of competition.
2) Must have completed their eligibility at least seven years prior.
3) Must have achieved significant honors during career, including all-league and/or national recognition, season records, regional and/or national scholar-athlete awards.
4) Must have demonstrated qualities on and off the field of play that are consistent with the league’s mission.
5) May have competed at the professional level domestically or internationally, including international competitions.
1) Must have completed his/her tenure as coach or are at least seven years removed from the league.
2) Must have served a minimum of five years in a full-time coaching capacity within the league.
3) Must have demonstrated qualities on and off the field of play that are consistent with the league’s mission.
4) Must have achieved significant honors during his/her tenure, including season records, victories, league championships, NCAA Championships, and coaching awards and honors.
1) Must have completed his/her service or are at least seven years removed from the league.
2) Must have served a minimum of five years in a full-time administrative capacity within the league.
3) Must have demonstrated qualities that are consistent with the league’s mission.
4) Must have achieved significant honors during his/her tenure, including specific achievements at the league or institution level, which may include regional and/or national honors, NCAA recognition, etc.
1) Eligible after seven years past the season of achievement.
2) Must have achieved a significant record or a first for the league.
How are nominations made?
The following steps are involved in the nomination process:
1) Candidate nominations will be completed by each institution and via online website submissions.
2) Each member and former member institution will be allowed to submit up to two candidates per year (not including those already on the ballot).
3) Nominees will remain on the ballot for up to five years before resubmitting the candidate after a two-year removal period.
4) Nominations must include complete supporting information, such as accomplishments, awards, statistics, etc.)
NOTE: The initial class of nominees will consist of eligible athletes, coaches and administrators from the league “30 Most Influential Summit Leaguers” announced during the 30th anniversary season of 2011-12.
When will honorees be announced?
Summit League Hall of Fame classes will be announced ahead of the annual Summit League Basketball Championships.