ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State outfielder Logan Busch was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week while Fort Wayne starter Trevor Storie and Western Illinois starter Ian Koch garnered the league's Pitcher of the Week awards for their performances during the week of April 25 – May 1.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
LOGAN BUSCH, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
So. // OF // Inner Grove Heights, Minn.
- Captured his first career Player of the Week honor
- Helped North Dakota State to a mid-week win over No. 19 Minnesota and its first-ever series win vs. Oral Roberts
- Went 1-for-2 with a pair of RBI, a walk and sacrifice fly in the victory over the nationally-ranked Golden Gophers
- Had a 3-for-4 performance in game two against the Golden Eagles and earned a pair of hits in the series finale
- Belted the walk-off, game-winning home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to clinch the series in game two
- For the week, batted .500 (6-for-12) with a .833 slugging percentage and .533 on-base percentage
- Had four RBI, three runs scored, a double, homer and walk
Also nominated: Greg Kaiser, Fort Wayne; Clayton Taylor, Omaha; Nick Rotola, Oral Roberts; Cord Church, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 22 – Clayton Taylor, UNO; Feb. 29 – Nick Roark, ORU; March 7 – Matt Whatley, ORU; March 14 – Luke Ringhofer, SDSU/Clayton Taylor, UNO; March 21 – Rolando Martinez, ORU; March 28 – Cole Gruber, UNO; April 4 – Brent Williams, ORU; April 11 – Ben Petersen, NDSU/Matt Whatley, ORU; April 18 – Greg Kaiser, IPFW; April 25 – Paul Jacobson, SDSU
PITCHERS OF THE WEEK
TREVOR STORIE, FORT WAYNE
Sr. // RHP // Huntington, Ind.
- Collected his first career Summit League Pitcher of the Week award
- Collected his team-leading fifth win of the season in Friday's 2-0 triumph over Omaha
- Surrendered just two hits in 7.2 innings of work, collecting a season-high eight strikeouts against just one walk
IAN KOCH, WESTERN ILLINOIS
Fr. // RHP // Crystal Lake, Ill.
- Earned his first career Summit League Pitcher of the Week award
- Tossed his first career complete game in Friday's 5-1 victory over South Dakota State
- Allowed six hits and collected a career-high seven strikeouts with just two walks with a 1.00 ERA
Also nominated: Blake Stockert, North Dakota State; Tyler Fox, Omaha; Josh McMinn, Oral Roberts; Landon Busch, South Dakota State
Previous honorees: Feb. 22 – Luke Lind, NDSU; Feb. 29 – Tyler Fox, UNO/Brady Womacks, ORU; March 7 – Nick Wood, ORU; March 14 – Corey Binger, UNO; March 21 – Landon Busch, SDSU; March 28 – Joe Mortillaro, WIU; April 4 – Josh McMinn, ORU/Sam Murphy, UNO; April 11 – Nick Wood, ORU; April 18 – Josh McMinn, ORU; April 25 – Jordan Harms, NDSU/Tyler Fox, UNO
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 75 Academic All-Americans, 65 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. In 2014-15, The Summit League ranked first for NCAA Graduation Success Rate in women's basketball and second in baseball. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit the www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.