ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts outfielder Noah Cummings was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week while Omaha starter Corey Binger garnered the league's Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of May 9-15.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
NOAH CUMMINGS, ORAL ROBERTS
So. // OF // Alpine, Calif.
- Earned his first career Player of the Week award
- Led Oral Roberts to a sweep against South Dakota State in Brookings
- Went a perfect 4-for-4 in the series finale with two RBI and two runs scored on a double and homer
- Added a pair of hits each in the first two games with two more runs in game two's victory
- Batted .615 (8-for-13) on the week with a .667 on-base percentage and .923 slugging percentage
- Totaled four RBI and four runs in three games with a double, home run and stolen base
Also nominated: Greg Kaiser, Fort Wayne; Ben Petersen, North Dakota State; Cole Gruber, Omaha; Mark Garton, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 22 – Clayton Taylor, UNO; Feb. 29 – Nick Roark, ORU; March 7 – Matt Whatley, ORU; March 14 – Luke Ringhofer, SDSU/Clayton Taylor, UNO; March 21 – Rolando Martinez, ORU; March 28 – Cole Gruber, UNO; April 4 – Brent Williams, ORU; April 11 – Ben Petersen, NDSU/Matt Whatley, ORU; April 18 – Greg Kaiser, IPFW; April 25 – Paul Jacobson, SDSU; May 2 – Logan Busch, NDSU; May 9 – Brandon Soat, IPFW
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
COREY BINGER, OMAHA
So. // RHP // Victoria, Minn.
- Captured his second Pitcher of the Week honor this season and of his career
- Went the distance in Omaha's eight-inning victory at Western Illinois Sunday
- Allowed just three hits (all singles) in the shutout win with five strikeouts and no walks
- Upped his win total to seven (7-3) on the year and earned his second complete game
Also nominated: Trevor Storie, Fort Wayne; Parker Trewin, North Dakota State; Cale Tims, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Feb. 22 – Luke Lind, NDSU; Feb. 29 – Tyler Fox, UNO/Brady Womacks, ORU; March 7 – Nick Wood, ORU; March 14 – Corey Binger, UNO; March 21 – Landon Busch, SDSU; March 28 – Joe Mortillaro, WIU; April 4 – Josh McMinn, ORU/Sam Murphy, UNO; April 11 – Nick Wood, ORU; April 18 – Josh McMinn, ORU; April 25 – Jordan Harms, NDSU/Tyler Fox, UNO; May 2 – Trevor Storie, IPFW/Ian Koch, WIU; May 9 – Tyler Fox, UNO
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 75 Academic All-Americans, 65 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. In 2014-15, The Summit League ranked first for NCAA Graduation Success Rate in women's basketball and second in baseball. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit the www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.