ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts first baseman Spencer Henson was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while teammate starter Justin McGregor earned the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances on opening weekend Feb. 16-18.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts
So. // 1B/DH // Pryor, Okla.
- Collected his first career Player of the Week honor
- Led Oral Roberts offensively in the three-game sweep over Utah
- Had at least one hit and one RBI in each game, including a three-hit performance in the series finale
- Belted his first career home run on his first pitch of the 2018 season Friday
- For the week, batted .556 (5-for-9) with four RBI, two runs scored, two walks, one double, one homer and one stolen base
- Recorded a 1.000 slugging percentage and .636 on-base percentage
Also nominated: Travis Upp, Fort Wayne; Drew Fearing, North Dakota State; Parker Smejkal, Omaha; Steve McShane, Western Illinois
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts
Sr. // RHP // Midwest City, Okla.
- Captured his third career Pitcher of the Week award
- Earned the win tossing five innings on the front-end of a 3-0 combined shutout over Utah
- Allowed just four singles with six strikeouts and only one walk
- Recorded at least one strikeout in every inning and improved to a perfect 10-0 in his career
Also nominated: Dalton O'Boyle, Fort Wayne; Parker Harm, North Dakota State; Jake Pennington, Omaha; Ian Koch, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.