ELMHURST, Ill. – Omaha infielder Braden Rogers was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while his starting pitcher teammate Spencer Koelewyn and Western Illinois' Ryan Dunne earned the Pitcher of the Week awards for their performances March 12-18.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Braden Rogers, Omaha
Jr. // IF // Enid, Okla.
- Collected his first career Player of the Week award
- Recorded four multi-hit performances as Omaha went 3-1 on the week, including a sweep of Fort Wayne
- In the series opener against the Mastodons, went 3-for-3 with a double, RBI and three runs scored
- Added three more hits in the series finale
- For the week, batted .667 (10-for-15) with a .733 slugging percentage and .722 on-base percentage
- Had seven runs scored, four RBI, three walks and a double
Also nominated: Noah Cummings, Oral Roberts; Steve McShane, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Logan Busch, North Dakota State; March 5 – Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State; March 12 – Riley Keizor, Oral Roberts
PITCHERS OF THE WEEK
Spencer Koelewyn, Omaha
Fr. // LHP // Harrisburg, S.D.
- Earned his first career Pitcher of the Week honor
- Recorded his first career win in the 7-0 shutout over Fort Wayne Saturday
- Threw six innings with eight strikeouts and just two hits
Ryan Dunne, Western Illinois
Sr. // RHP // Peoria, Ill.
- Secured his first career Pitcher of the Week award
- Surrendered just three hits over eight innings pitched with seven strikeouts, while earning a no decision vs. North Dakota State Sunday
- Did not allow a hit through the first five innings of play
Also nominated: Taylor Varnell, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; March 5 – Payton Kinney, Omaha; March 12 – Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.