ELMHURST, Ill. – Fort Wayne's Bryson Scott was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his opening-weekend performance Nov. 10-12. The award marks the season's initial accolade.
BRYSON SCOTT, FORT WAYNE
Sr. // Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Garnered his second career Player of the Week award
- Averaged 26.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.0 steals in 26.5 minutes per game
- Scored a team-high 31 points and pulled down eight rebounds at No. 5 (Mid Major Top-25) Oakland
- Totaled 21 points, seven assists, five rebounds and five steals in win over Defiance
- Shot 54.3 percent from the field and was a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line during the week
Also nominated: Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Daniel Norl, Omaha; R.J. Fuqua, Oral Roberts; Matt Mooney, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Brandon Gilbeck, Western Illinois
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.