ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State's Mike Daum was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Nov. 13-19.
MIKE DAUM, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // Kimball, Neb.
- Collected his fifth career Player of the Week award and first this season
- Averaged 25.5 points and 12.0 rebounds in 23.5 minutes per game during the week
- Scored 30 points, pulled down 13 rebounds and added two steals over 20 minutes in win over Alabama State
- Totaled 21 points and 11 rebounds in 27 minutes at No. 4 Kansas
- Shot 53.3 percent (8-15) from beyond the arc and 84.6 (11-13) from the free throw line during the week
Also nominated: Daniel Amigo, Denver; Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Cameron Hunter, North Dakota State; Zach Jackson, Omaha; Albert Owens, Oral Roberts; Matt Mooney, South Dakota; Brandon Gilbeck, Western Illinois
Previous Recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.