ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State's Mike Daum garnered Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week honors for his performance Dec. 18-25.
MIKE DAUM, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // F // Kimball, Neb.
- Nabbed his seventh career Player of the Week award, tying for fourth-most in league history, and third of the season
- Averaged 23.5 points and 10.5 rebounds in a pair of victories during the week
- Scored 35 points and pulled down 14 rebounds in victory over Drake
- Tied his career-high with 14 field goals, shooting 58.3 percent from the field and 57.1 from behind the arc against the Bulldogs
- Totaled 12 points and seven rebounds in just 17 minutes in a road victory at Kansas City
- Shot 61.3 percent from the field and 54.5 percent from three-point range during the week
Also nominated: Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Zach Jackson, Omaha; Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts; Matt Mooney, South Dakota
Previous Recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Nov. 20 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Nov. 27 – Tyson Ward, North Dakota State; Dec. 4 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 11 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Dec. 18 – Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts / Mike Daum, South Dakota State
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.