ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State's Mike Daum was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Feb. 19-25. The award marks the final weekly honor of the season.
MIKE DAUM, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // F // Kimball, Neb.
- Collected his seventh Player of the Week award this season, tying for most all-time (Nate Wolters, 2012-13), and the 11th of his career, the third-most on record
- Averaged 25.5 points and 12.5 rebounds per game in a pair of victories that clinched SDSU's first outright Summit League regular season crown
- Scored 20 points and pulled down 10 rebounds in win over rival South Dakota to secure the league title
- Totaled 31 points, including connecting on 8-of-12 from beyond the arc, and 13 rebounds in regular season finale at Fort Wayne
- Shot 55.6 percent from three-point range and 51.5 percent from the field during the week
Also nominated: Joe Rosga, Denver; John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Mitch Hahn, Omaha; Javan White, Oral Roberts; Matt Mooney, South Dakota; Issac Johnson, Western Illinois
Previous Recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Nov. 20 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Nov. 27 – Tyson Ward, North Dakota State; Dec. 4 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 11 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Dec. 18 – Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts / Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Dec. 26 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Jan. 2 – Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts; Jan. 8 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Jan. 16 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Jan. 22 – David Jenkins, Jr., South Dakota State; Jan. 29 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Feb. 5 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Feb. 12 – Zach Jackson, Omaha; Feb. 19 – John Konchar, Fort Wayne
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.