SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Denver's Cal McCoy and South Dakota State's Teresa Toscano each recorded multiple top-5 finishes en route to earning The Summit League's Male and Female Golfer of the Month honors for October.
McCoy posted a pair of top-5 finishes, including a win at the Les Fowler Invitational where he shot a two-round total of 141 (+1) to best the 33-player field. He also placed fourth at the Ron Moore Invitational where he shot 206 (-7) thanks to opening and closing rounds of 68 (-3).
McCoy's victory was the second of his collegiate career after winning The Summit League Championship as a freshman.
Toscano picked up a pair of third-place finishes in her two appearances in October, shooting a 216 (E) at the New Mexico State Aggie Invitational and a 218 (+2) at the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown.
Toscano, who now has eight career weekly or monthly honors, put together three rounds of par or better during the month, including a 70 (-2) in the opening round in New Mexico.
Male Golfer of the Month
Cal McCoy, Denver
So. | Highlands Ranch, Colo.
• First Golfer of the Month accolade to go with a pair of career weekly honors
• Won the Les Fowler Invitational with a two-round total of 141 (+1)
• Placed fourth at the Ron Moore Invitational, shooting a 206 (-7)
Others Nominated: Andrew Israelson, North Dakota State; Kasey Lilly, Purdue Fort Wayne; Witchayapat Sinsrang, Omaha; Jones Comeford, South Dakota State.
Female Golfer of the Month
Teresa Toscano, South Dakota State
Sr. | Huelva, Spain
• Third career Golfer of the Month accolade to go with five career weekly honors
• Posted a pair of third-place finishes in her two tournaments
• Her 72.3 stroke average was tops among league golfers during October
Others Nominated: Mary Weinstein, Denver; Holly Anderson, Purdue Fort Wayne.