ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver forward Andre Shinyashiki was named Summit League Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week, while teammate defender Scott DeVoss and Omaha goalkeeper Ugo Tritz garnered the Defensive Player of the Week awards for their performances Oct. 16-22.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Andre Shinyashiki, Denver
Jr. // F // Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Earned his second straight Offensive Player of the Week award and second of his career
- Scored both Pioneer goals in a 2-0 win on the road at Oral Roberts
- Has tallied five goals in his last three matches and is tied for the league-lead with eight on the year
Also nominated: Diego Gutierrez, Omaha; Junior Chavez, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Aug. 28 – Elvir Ibisevic, Omaha; Sept. 5 – Elvir Ibisevic, Omaha; Sept. 11 – Emmanuel Hamzat, Omaha; Sept. 18 – Fernando Pacheco, Western Illinois; Sept. 25 – Drew Whalen, Western Illinois; Oct. 2 – Romain Lopez, Fort Wayne; Oct. 9 – Eric Kronenberg, Denver; Oct. 16 – Andre Shinyashiki, Denver
DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Scott DeVoss, Denver
Jr. // D // Centennial, Colo.
- Collected his first career Defensive Player of the Week honor
- Helped solidify a backline that allowed just one shot on goal in third consecutive Summit League match
- With the 2-0 win over Oral Roberts, Denver moved into sole possession of first place
Ugo Tritz, Omaha
So. // GK // Metz, France
- Earned his first career Defensive Player of the Week award
- Collected one save in the 2-0 win over previously league unbeaten Western Illinois
- The win helped snap a five-match winless streak for the Mavericks
Also nominated: Thibaut Giquel, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Aug. 28 – Dan Mooney, Denver/Stephen Siy, Omaha; Sept. 5 – Mike Novotny, Eastern Illinois; Sept. 11 – Jacob Weiler, Omaha; Sept. 18 – Seth Rinderknecht, Omaha; Sept. 25 – Josesph Ghitis, Omaha/Mike Novotny, Eastern Illinois; Oct. 2 – Tim Trilk, Western Illinois; Oct. 9 – Thibaut Giquel, Oral Roberts; Oct. 16 – Mike Novotny, Eastern Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.