SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Oral Roberts has piled up three victories in the early going of the 2019 season and will look to add to that total as the Golden Eagles open up a four-match homestand this week with Houston Baptist and Valparaiso. For the remainder of the league teams, the wins have been scarce so far, but they will seek to reverse that trend with seven more opportunities in front of them this week.
• Oral Roberts put together a 2-1 week with junior forward Dante Brigida leading the offensive charge. The Edmond, Okla., native provided the game-winning goal in both of the Golden Eagles' victories and finished with three goals last week.
• Brigida now leads the league with four goals and was the second-straight Golden Eagle to earn The Summit League Offensive Player of the Week award.
• ORU used a pair of goalkeepers during the week and sophomore Miles Motakef managed to earn the weekly defensive honor once again thanks to an eight-save shutout of Cal Baptist in his only appearance of the week.
• Both Golden Eagle keepers currently rank No. 1 and No. 2 in the league in save percentage. Motakef tops the list at .917 while Patrick Consol is second at .727.
• Eastern Illinois got into the win column thanks to a 2-0 victory over St. Xavier.
• The win came on the heels of a tough loss vs. Ohio State in Dayton where they fell behind 2-0 but managed to square things up on an equalizer from Shady Omar in the 83rd-minute. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes scored the game-winner in the 90th-minute.
• Denver's gauntlet through one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the country continues in The Golden State this weekend with matches at No. 3/2 Stanford and RV/25 California.
• The Pioneers have yielded just five goals in four matches so far this season, but have just an 0-3-1 record to show for it. Their latest two setbacks came by one goal each to No. 2/7 Indiana (2-1; OT) and No. 11/14 Notre Dame (1-0) last weekend at the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament hosted by the Fighting Irish in South Bend.
• DU is slated to play its first home match of the season next Saturday when SMU visits the Mile High City.
• Purdue Fort Wayne opens a three-game homestand on Friday with Belmont. Green Bay (Sept. 17) and Northern Illinois (Sept. 20) are also set to face the Mastodons over the next week in Fort Wayne.
• The Mastodons latest action was a 2-0 loss to IUPUI where the teams combined for just five shots on goal.
• Omaha caps a four-match homestand with upcoming matches against Michigan (Sept. 13) and intra-city rival Creighton (Sept. 16). The Mavericks are also seeking win No. 1 on the campaign after tying Columbia (1-1) and falling to UNLV (3-1) last week.
• Western Illinois' goalkeeper Tim Trilk has made a league-high 28 saves this season through parts of four matches. Trilk and the Leathernecks are still looking to crack the win column and will try to do so next in a Thursday match against Northwestern.