SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- With four of the league teams getting Summit League action under their belts last week, that leaves only Western Illinois and Omaha remaining to play a league match and those two will square off Saturday in Nebraska. ORU kept up its high-scoring pace to secure the only league win last week while Denver and Eastern Illinois each earned a point thanks to a 0-0 draw in the Mile High City.
• Oral Roberts improved its win streak to six with a 6-0 blanking of Purdue Fort Wayne in The Summit League opener for both teams. At 8-1-0 on the season, the Golden Eagles remained fourth in the United Coaches West Regional Poll and are receiving votes for the third-straight week in the Top 25 poll.
• JUCO-transfer Juan Arias scored the first three goals of his ORU career last week, including the game-winner in a 1-0 victory over Incarnate Word. He added two goals against the Mastodons to earn Offensive Player of the Week honors. Sophomore Miles Motakef
• Freshman Reed Berry also had two goals against Purdue Fort Wayne to move into a tie for the league lead in that category with teammate Dante Brigida.
• Berry leads the league with 17 points and the Golden Eagles are averaging 2.67 goals per game, which is the fifth-best average in Division I.
• The Golden Eagles have the weekend off before returning to action against intra-city rival Tulsa on Tuesday.
• Purdue Fort Wayne will look to snap a four-game skid Friday in a non-conference affair against Detroit Mercy at home Friday night. The Mastodons then stay in northern Indiana for a match against (RV/RV) Notre Dame on Tuesday.
• Denver and Eastern Illinois opened their league slate with a 0-0 draw Saturday. The Pioneers outshot the Panthers 27-3, but could not get anything past EIU goalkeeper Jonathan Burke, who made eight saves.
• Two days later, the Pios traveled to Pitt to take on another Panther squad. DU was two minutes from earning at least another draw, but Pitt got a golden goal in the 108th-minute to escape with a 3-2 win in double-overtime.
• Kengo Ohira and Stefan DeLeone both scored their first goals of the season for the Pioneers in the loss to Pitt.
• DU returns home to face Pacific on Sunday before embarking on a four-match swing that includes league matches at Western Illinois (Oct. 12) and Oral Roberts (Oct. 19).
• Burke registered his second-straight shutout for EIU on Tuesday, stopping two shots in a 1-0 win over IUPUI.
• Western Illinois will open league play Saturday at Omaha after dropping a pair of one-goal setbacks to in-state foes Northern Illinois and SIUE.
• After breaking into the win column against Air Force on Sept. 21, the Mavericks have also dropped back-to-back matches by a single tally. Cal State Northridge got by Omaha 2-1 in overtime, then (17/25) Missouri State remained undefeated thanks to a golden goal in double-overtime on Tuesday.
Follow The Summit League
SOCIAL: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: #ReachTheSummit | #SummitMSOC
December 6, 2019 Ryan DeBois Named Google Cloud Academic All-American
November 21, 2019 Second-half tally lifts Bears past DU in NCAA Tournament opener
November 20, 2019 Pioneers ready to take on Bears in NCAA clash
November 18, 2019 Denver to face unbeaten Missouri State in NCAA Tournament
November 16, 2019 Denver blanks Omaha to claim #SummitMSOC Championship
November 14, 2019 Omaha advances with OT-win over top-seed Western Illinois
November 14, 2019 A pair of PK's lift Denver into title match
November 13, 2019 ORU, Western Illinois rack up All-Summit League men's soccer awards
November 12, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Championship Edition
November 10, 2019 DU's Judd, WIU's Trilk claim final #SummitMSOC weekly honors
November 9, 2019 Bracket finalized for 2019 #SummitMSOC Championship
November 8, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 11
November 4, 2019 Guerineau, Motakef provide fifth sweep of #SummitMSOC awards for ORU
October 31, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 10
October 30, 2019 Oral Roberts moves into national soccer polls
October 28, 2019 ORU's Guerineau, DU's Stensson earn #SummitMSOC weekly awards
October 24, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 9
October 23, 2019 Shinyashiki named AT&T MLS Rookie of the Year
October 21, 2019 Leathernecks sweep #SummitMSOC weekly awards
October 17, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 8
October 14, 2019 WIU’s Kirdorf, Omaha’s Ledesma notch #SummitMSOC weekly honors
October 10, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 7
October 7, 2019 Golden Eagles Sweep #SummitMSOC Weekly Honors for Fourth Time
October 3, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 6
September 30, 2019 Golden Eagles sweep #SummitMSOC weekly honors for third time
September 26, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 5
September 23, 2019 Brigida, Larsen collect #SummitMSOC weekly honors
September 19, 2019 #SummitMSOC: Weekly Notebook No. 4
September 16, 2019 Cearns, Palmquist secure #SummitMSOC weekly honors
September 12, 2019 #SummitMSOC: Weekly Notebook No. 3
September 5, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: Vol. 2
September 3, 2019 Golden Eagles sweep initial #SummitMSOC weekly awards
August 28, 2019 #SummitMSOC Weekly Notebook: No. 1
August 26, 2019 Denver Checks in 12th in Top Drawer Soccer Preseason Top-25
August 19, 2019 Coaches tab Pioneers as 2019 Summit League Men’s Soccer Favorite
August 6, 2019 Denver Sits 18th in United Soccer Coaches’ Preseason Poll