Posted: Oct 24, 2019
• Oral Roberts returned to its winning ways last week to remain at the top of the league standings. The Golden Eagles got an overtime goal from Dante Brigida to edge Denver 1-0 last Saturday, then took a 5-2 victory on the road at Northern Kentucky on Tuesday.
• Brigida, who is second among league goal scorers with eight on the season, was named to the United Soccer Coaches' National Team of the Week.
• ORU's 1-0 victory over the Pioneers secured its spot in the 2019 Championship set for Denver Nov. 14-16.
• The Golden Eagles' victory over the Norse marked the fifth time this season they scored four or more goals in a match. ORU is averaging 2.61 goals per match, which ranked among the top 10 nationally entering the week.
• ORU midfielder Tanguy Guerineau had two assists in the win over NKU and now shares the DI lead in that category with 10. In fact, the Golden Eagles have the top four assist-men in the league rankings.
• Freshman Reed Berry is second with five, and after combining those helpers with his nine goals, leads the league with 23 points in 2019.
• ORU is on the road for one more non-conference affair Saturday at Central Arkansas before returning to league play Nov. 2 at Omaha.
• Western Illinois has won three-straight matches since opening the campaign by dropping their first 11. Junior Ryan DeBois has scored a goal in four-consecutive matches and five of the last six.
• DeBois was named the Offensive Player of the Week for the first time in his career after scoring the game-winner vs. Detroit Mercy and adding an insurance goal in a 2-0 league win over Purdue Fort Wayne last week.
• WIU goalkeeper Tim Trilk helped the Leathernecks post their first two shutouts of the season en route to earning his third career weekly defensive accolade. He made five saves in the two clean sheets and ranks second in the league so far with 66 stops on the season.
• The Leathernecks can clinch one of the three remaining spots in the 2019 Championship with a victory over Eastern Illinois on Saturday. WIU missed out on the postseason last year for the first time since 2010.
• Omaha remained unbeaten in league play by earning a 0-0 draw with Eastern Illinois. The Mavericks travel to the Mile High City for a key match with Denver on Saturday.
• The Panthers' draw was their second of league play as they sit at 0-1-2 with a match looming against the streaking Leathernecks on Saturday. EIU has yet to score a goal in league action, but are currently holding onto fourth place in the standings.
• The Mastodons dropped a 4-0 match to Bowling Green Tuesday and have more than a week off before returning to the pitch to face Northern Kentucky on Wednesday, Oct. 30. Purdue Fort Wayne has dropped nine in a row.