SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- The league's two highest-scoring teams will meet Saturday in Macomb with the top seed in next week's 2019 Men's Soccer Championship presented by U.S. Air Force Special Warfare on the line. No. 20/24 Oral Roberts, who is averaging 3.0 gpg in league play, and Western Illinois, who is second with a 2.25 gpg clip, kickoff at 7 p.m. The Golden Eagles can clinch their first outright championship since 2004 with a win or draw, while the Leathernecks could share the title with a win.
• One spot remains up for grabs in the four-team field for next week's 2019 #SummitMSOC Championship presented by U.S. Air Force Special Warfare as The Summit League regular season comes to a close this weekend.
• All four seeds will also be determined based upon what happens Saturday in Fort Wayne and Macomb.
• Oral Roberts blanked Omaha 3-0 to earn at least a share of the regular-season title and could win it outright with a win or draw vs. Western Illinois in a Saturday night match.
• The last time ORU or WIU won the regular-season title was in 2014 when there was a four-way tie for the top spot in the standings. Denver and Omaha were the other two members that finished 3-2-1 with 10 points.
• The Golden Eagles moved up to No. 20 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Top 25 poll and No. 24 in the College Soccer News Top 30 poll.
• ORU midfielder Tanguy Guerineau claimed his third Offensive Player of the Week award after delivering a pair of assists in the win over the Mavericks.
• Guerineau was also named The Summit League Male Athlete of the Month for October after collecting three goals and six assists during a 4-1 stretch for the Golden Eagles. The Frenchmen assisted on all four of ORU's game-winning goals last month.
• ORU goalkeeper Miles Motakef tied a Summit League single-season record with his fourth Defensive Player of the Week award after posting his sixth shutout of the campaign in the win over Omaha.
• Eastern Illinois currently holds the fourth spot, but the Panthers will be spectators this weekend, needing a Denver loss at Purdue Fort Wayne to remain there and clinch a postseason berth.
• The Pioneers, who are hosting next week's event, enter the final weekend in fifth place, but in control of their own destiny to earn the right to play on their home field in the postseason. A victory over or a draw with the Mastodons Saturday night would clinch the final spot for DU.
• Denver dropped a 2-1 overtime tilt with Rhode Island last Saturday when the Rams got a golden goal in the 98th-minute.
• EIU moved up The Summit League table thanks to a 1-0 win over the Mastodons last Saturday. Jonas Castelhano netted the game-winner in the 31st-minute.
• Goalkeeper Jonathan Burke registered the four-save shutout between the pipes. Kengo Ohira scored his third goal of the season to tie things up at 1-1 in the 56th-minute.
• Omaha wraps up its regular season Friday night at San Diego State. The Mavericks know they will be in Denver next week, but will find out their seeding on Saturday.
CHAMPIONSHIP SEEDING SCENARIOS
No. 1 with win or draw at Western Illinois
No. 2 with loss at Western Illinois