ELMHURST, Ill. – Omaha's Razvan Grigorescu was named Summit League Men's Tennis Player of the Week for his performance Jan. 30-Feb. 5.
RAZVAN GRIGORESCU, OMAHA
So. // Constanta, Romania
- Collected his fifth career Player of the Week award and first of the season
- Posted a 3-0 record at No. 1 singles, including a league victory
- Rallied to defeat Drake's Vinny Gillespie, the reigning Player of the Week, 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-4) in league match
- Recorded comeback win over Creighton's Brooks Kendall, 6-7 (4-7), 6-3, 6-1
- Bested New Mexico's Bart Van Leijsen, 6-3, 6-7 (3-7), 6-1
- Improved his season singles record to 4-2
Also nominated: Ben Clark, Drake; Christoffer Greve, Illinois State; Emerson Styles, South Dakota State; Chad Kissell, Valparaiso
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Ben Clark, Drake; Jan. 30 – Vinny Gillespie, Drake
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.