ELMHURST, Ill. – Drake's Ben Clark was named Summit League Men's Tennis Player of the Week for his performance April 17-22.
BEN CLARK, DRAKE
Jr. // Comberton, England
- Garnered his third Player of the Week award, bookending with the first and final honors of the season
- Posted 2-0 records in both singles and doubles matches during the week
- Recorded the clinching win in team's victory over Nebraska, Drake's third Big Ten win of season
- Topped Nebraska's Isaac Nortey (6-1, 3-6, 6-3) at No. 5 singles
- Defeated Illinois State's Egehan Sertkaya in straight-sets (0 and 2)
- Teamed for a pair of 6-3 doubles wins over Nebraska and Illinois State
- Owns a 17-8 singles record and 16-3 doubles mark this season
Also nominated: Mattia Ros, Denver; Brandon Ancona, Valparaiso
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Ben Clark, Drake; Jan. 30 – Vinny Gillespie, Drake; Feb. 6 – Razvan Grigorescu, Omaha; Feb. 13 – Finley Hall, Drake; Feb. 20 – Tom Hands, Drake; Feb. 27 – Igor Kolaric, Illinois State; March 6 – Tom Hands, Drake; March 13 – Ben Clark, Drake; March 20 – Vinny Gillespie, Drake; March 27 – Brandon Ancona, Valparaiso; April 3 – Chad Kissell, Valparaiso; April 10 – Ben Wood, Drake; April 17 – Tom Hands, Drake
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.