ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State infielder Ali Herdliska was named Summit League Player of the Week while South Dakota pitcher Rachel Cue earned the league Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of April 10-17.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ALI HERDLISKA, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
S0. // IF // Solon, Iowa
- Named Summit League Player of the Week for the third time in her career and season
- Recorded .643 (9-for-14) average during the week and .750 in league play with a .750 on-base percentage and 1.000 slugging percentage
- Drove in three runs with two doubles and one home run in five games while scoring three times
- Hit safely in all five games and recorded two or more hits in three
- Currently ranks second in the league in batting average (.351) and tied for second in RBI (30)
Also nominated: Jessica Murray, Fort Wayne; Roni Patterson, IUPUI; Jamie Holscher, South Dakota; Hailey Duwa, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; Feb. 20 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; Feb. 27 – Shelby Keil, South Dakota; Mar. 5 – Maggie Good, IUPUI; Mar. 13 – Ali Herdliska, South Dakota State; Mar. 20 – Caitlyn DeLong, Fort Wayne; Mar. 27 – Kayla Fields, South Dakota; April 3 – Vanessa Anderson, North Dakota State; April 10 – Aly Compton, Western Illinois
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
RACHEL CUE, SOUTH DAKOTA
Sr. // P // Garden Grove, Calif.
- Earned her first Summit League Pitcher of the Week award this season and third in her career
- Picked up two wins over North Dakota State, tossing two complete games
- Surrendered seven base-hits in 14 innings, finished the weekend with an ERA of 0.00 and tallied seven strikeouts and no walks
Also nominated: Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; Emily Ira, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 20 - Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 27 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Mar. 5 – Laura Roecker, Omaha; Mar. 13 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; Mar. 20 – Erica Tharp, IUPUI ; Mar. 27 – Nickole Finch, IUPUI; April 3 – Megan Green, South Dakota/Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 10 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.