ELMHURST, Ill. – IUPUI infielder Maggie Good was named Summit League Player of the Week and Omaha pitcher Laura Roecker earned Pitcher of the Week for their performances May 1-7. The honors mark the league's final weekly awards of the season.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MAGGIE GOOD, IUPUI
Sr. // IF // Rochester, Ind.
- Earned the second Player of the Week honor of her season and career
- Slugged 2.200 and hit .700 while belting five home runs on seven hits in 10 at-bats during the weekend league series at Fort Wayne to lead IUPUI to its first regular season league title
- Posted multi-hit games in all three contests, including a pair of multi-home run games
- Drove in eight runs and scored seven times during the three-game set
- Her best performance came in the series finale, going 3-for-4 with four RBI, three runs, a pair of home runs and a walk
- Leads The Summit League in slugging, runs scored, RBI, home runs and total bases this season
- Set school single-season marks for home runs (16) and RBI (47) and posted career-highs in seven offensive categories this season
Also nominated: Maria Palmegiani, Fort Wayne; Vicky Kinney, Omaha; Christy Warnock, South Dakota; Mallory McQuistan, South Dakota State; Holly Hoelting, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; Feb. 20 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; Feb. 27 – Shelby Keil, South Dakota; Mar. 5 – Maggie Good, IUPUI; Mar. 13 – Ali Herdliska, South Dakota State; Mar. 20 – Caitlyn DeLong, Fort Wayne; Mar. 27 – Kayla Fields, South Dakota; April 3 – Vanessa Anderson, North Dakota State; April 10 – Aly Compton, Western Illinois; April 17 – Ali Herdliska, South Dakota State; April 24 – Vicky Kinney, Omaha; May 1 – Zoe Stavrou, North Dakota State
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
LAURA ROECKER, OMAHA
So. // RHP // Elkhorn, Neb.
- Garnered the her second Pitcher of the Week award this season and the fourth of her career
- Went 2-0, posted a 0.50 ERA and recorded two complete games during the week
- Notched a two-hit shutout victory over North Dakota State
- Yielded just one walk and six hits over 14.0 innings of work
Also nominated: Rachel Cue, South Dakota; Madison Hope, South Dakota State; Emily Ira, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 20 - Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 27 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Mar. 5 – Laura Roecker, Omaha; Mar. 13 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; Mar. 20 – Erica Tharp, IUPUI ; Mar. 27 – Nickole Finch, IUPUI; April 3 – Megan Green, South Dakota/Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 10 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 17 – Rachel Cue, South Dakota; April 24 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; May 1 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.