Elmhurst, Ill. – North Dakota State will represent The Summit League at the NCAA Softball Championship for the fourth consecutive year. The Bison are in the Norman Regional and will face No. 10 Oklahoma on Friday, May 19th at 1:30 p.m. CT.
All NCAA Softball Championship game will be live streamed.
The 2017 Postseason National Invitational Softball Championship features 48 teams in a double-elimination championship format. The NISC is in its inaugural year after rebirth. IUPUI has automatically qualified for this tournament and are in Region 3 at Normal, Ill. The Jaguars will face Illinois State in their first game in postseason on Tuesday, May 16th at 7 p.m. CT.
Five Things to Know for Postseason
- North Dakota State won the Norman Regional in 2009, which was made up of the same four teams of NDSU, Oklahoma, Tulsa and Arkansas.
- In 2009, the Bison defeated Oklahoma 1-0, Tulsa 3-2 and 4-1 in the Championship game.
- IUPUI's historic season continues with its automatic bid to the NISC. The Jaguars first postseason berth in program history.
- North Dakota State has an 8-14 record in the NCAA tournament, 8-12 in the NCAA Regional in the past seven years.
- NDSU is the only team in league history to make it to an NCAA Super Regional, doing so in 2009.
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.