ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota catcher Jessica Rogers earned The Summit League Player of the Week award, while North Dakota State pitcher Jacquelyn Sertic secured the league's Pitcher of the Week title for their performances during the week of March 12 – 18.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JESSICA ROGERS, SOUTH DAKOTA
Jr. // C // Lincoln, Neb.
- Earned her second-career Player of the Week accolade, second this season
- Hit .571 with an on-base percentage of .667 and a slugging percentage of 2.000
- Hit three home runs in three games and totaled seven RBI at the Tiger Classic hosted by Memphis
- Knocked a grand slam in her first at bat of the tournament against Eastern Michigan
- Hit home runs in consecutive at bats in 4-1 win against SIUE
- Ranks second in the league with five homers
Also nominated: Lacey Wilzbacher, Fort Wayne; Tabby Heinz, North Dakota State; Abbey Murphy, South Dakota State; Jasmine Lara, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 19 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 26 – Baily Janssen, South Dakota State; March 5 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 12 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
JACQUELYN SERTIC, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // P // Sparks, Nev.
- Collected her 13th-career Pitcher of the Week honor, third this season
- 13 Pitcher of the Week awards is tied for third-most in league history
- Compiled a 5-0 record with wins over CSUN, LMU, Monmouth (x2) and Fairfield
- Struck out 54 in 31.2 innings pitched with a 1.11 ERA
- Recorded an impressive 11.94 K/7 for the week
- Limited LMU to only three hits and recorded her second shutout of the season and 15th of her career
- Struck out 12 and notched her fifth-career one-hitter in 1-0 win over Monmouth
- The Bison have won eight games in a row
Also nominated: Shaina Eyre, Fort Wayne; Dustie Durham, South Dakota; Emily Ira, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; Feb. 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 26 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; March 5 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 12 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.