ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State infielder Zoe Stavrou collected her second-career Summit League Player of the Week award, while teammate pitcher Jacquelyn Sertic secured the league's Pitcher of the Week title for the fifth time this season. The two earned the awards for their performances during the week of April 16 – April 22.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ZOE STAVROU, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // 2B // Long Beach, Calif.
- Earned her second-career Player of the Week accolade, first this season
- Hit .700 with an on-base percentage of .636 and a slugging percentage of 1.200
- In game one at South Dakota, hit a sacrifice fly to secure the 1-0 eight inning win
- In game two, she recorded two doubles and four RBI for a 5-0 win
- Had a career-high 4-for-4 effort, including her first home run of the season, in the 2-0 win at South Dakota to complete the series
Also nominated: Jenna Balthazor, Fort Wayne; Julia Andersen, South Dakota State; Hailey Duwa, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 19 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 26 – Baily Janssen, South Dakota State; March 5 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 12 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; March 19 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 26 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; April 2 – Kelsey Marlow, Western Illinois; April 9 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; April 16 – Demitra Burns, Fort Wayne
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
JACQUELYN SERTIC, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // P // Sparks, Nev.
- Collected her 15th-career Pitcher of the Week honor, fifth this season
- 15 career Pitcher of the Week awards ranks second in league history
- Went 2-0 against South Dakota, pitching two complete games
- Struck out 22 in 15 innings pitched without allowing a single run
- Collected her sixth and seventh shutouts of the year, bringing her career total to 20
- Tallied double-figure strikeouts in both appearances, bringing her career total to 31
- Ranks first in the league in ERA (1.77), wins (19) and strikeouts (221)
Also nominated: Madison Hope, South Dakota State; Emily Ira, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; Feb. 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 26 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; March 5 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 12 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State; March 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 26 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State; April 2 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; April 9 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State and Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 16 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.