ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State infielder Megan Rushing collected her first-career Summit League Player of the Week award, while Fort Wayne pitcher Shaina Eyre secured the league's Pitcher of the Week title. The two earned the awards for their performances during the week of April 23 – April 29.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MEGAN RUSHING, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // IF // West Des Moines, Iowa
- Earned her first-career Player of the Week accolade
- Hit .571 with an on-base percentage of .667 and a slugging percentage of 1.286
- In three games against Western Illinois, hit .500 with an on-base percentage of .636 and a slugging percentage of 1.000
- Led the Jacks in doubles (four) and RBI (10) as SDSU went 4-1 on the week
- Had three multi-hit games, including a 3-for-3 appearance in Sunday's finale against Western Illinois where she had a double, home run and three RBI
Also nominated: Lauren Watson, Fort Wayne; Madyson Camacho, North Dakota State; Kelly Pattison, Omaha; Camille Fowler, South Dakota
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 19 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 26 – Baily Janssen, South Dakota State; March 5 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 12 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; March 19 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 26 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; April 2 – Kelsey Marlow, Western Illinois; April 9 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; April 16 – Demitra Burns, Fort Wayne; April 23 – Zoe Stavrou, North Dakota State
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SHAINA EYRE, FORT WAYNE
Fr. // P // Pitt Meadows, B.C.
- Collected her first-career Pitcher of the Week honor
- Did not allow an earned run in a complete game victory over North Dakota State Sunday
- Struck out a season-high five batters and allowed only five hits against the Bison
- Held NDSU to a .192 batting average
- The Mastodons defeated the Bison on the road for the first time since 2014, snapping an 11-game winless streak against North Dakota State
Also nominated: KK Leddy, North Dakota State; Taylor Compton, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; Feb. 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 26 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; March 5 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 12 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State; March 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 26 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State; April 2 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; April 9 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State and Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 16 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; April 23 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.