ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota catcher Jessica Rogers collected her fourth-career Summit League Player of the Week award, while North Dakota State pitcher Jacquelyn Sertic secured the league's Pitcher of the Week title for the sixth time this season and the 16th time in her historic career. The two earned the awards for their performances during the week of April 30 – May 6.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JESSICA ROGERS, SOUTH DAKOTA
Jr. // C // Lincoln, Neb.
- Earned her fourth-career Player of the Week accolade, fourth this season
- Hit .714 with an on-base percentage of .667 and a slugging percentage of 2.000
- Led South Dakota to a series win against UMKC by going 5-for-5 in a doubleheader Saturday with three home runs and six RBI
- Reached base safely in all three games
- Holds four multi-home run games this season
- Leads the league with 15 home runs, which is the second-highest total in program history and is tied for seventh in league history
Also nominated: Lauren Watson, Fort Wayne; Zoe Stavrou, North Dakota State; Brittney Morse, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 19 – Alyssa Fernandez, South Dakota; Feb. 26 – Baily Janssen, South Dakota State; March 5 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 12 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; March 19 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; March 26 – Jessica Rogers, South Dakota; April 2 – Kelsey Marlow, Western Illinois; April 9 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; April 16 – Demitra Burns, Fort Wayne; April 23 – Zoe Stavrou, North Dakota State; April 30 – Megan Rushing, South Dakota State
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
JACQUELYN SERTIC, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // P // Sparks, Nev.
- Collected her 16th-career Pitcher of the Week honor, sixth this season
- 16 career Pitcher of the Week awards ranks second in league history, six honors in a season ranks third
- Did not allow an earned run in two complete game victories over Western Illinois, allowing the Bison to claim the regular season crown and top seed in the upcoming championship tournament
- Struck out 27 in 20 innings pitched with a 1.05 ERA for the week
- Carried a perfect game into the seventh inning of the final matchup with the Fighting Leathernecks
- Allowed only four hits in two games against WIU
- Ranks first in the league in ERA (1.74), wins (22) and strikeouts (267)
Also nominated: Shaina Eyre, Fort Wayne; Madison Hope, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Feb. 12 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; Feb. 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 26 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; March 5 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 12 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State; March 19 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 26 – Madison Hope, South Dakota State; April 2 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; April 9 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State and Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 16 – Bailey Benefiel, Fort Wayne; April 23 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; April 30 – Shaina Eyre, Fort Wayne
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.