ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota's Sarah Schank earned The Summit League Women's Diver of the Week honor for the fourth time this season, while teammate Isaac Morris notched his fifth career Men's Diver of the Week award. Both posted top dives at the Rochester Invite.
WOMEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
SARAH SCHANK, SOUTH DAKOTA
Sr. // Cottage Grove, Minn.
- Earned her fourth career Summit League Diver of the Week award and fourth this season
- Won the 1-meter dive (428.95) at the Rochester Invite
- Ranks second in Summit League history on the 1-meter (11 dives) with a score of 428.95
- Ranks sixth in Summit League history on the 3-meter (11 dives) with a score of 438.15
Also nominated: Sammy Walker, Denver
Previous recipients: Oct. 10 – Sarah Schank, South Dakota; Oct. 17 – Sammy Walker, Denver; Oct. 24 – Emily Moore, South Dakota State; Oct. 31 – Larissa Grammer, Denver; Nov. 7 – Sarah Schank, South Dakota; Nov. 14 – Sarah Schank, South Dakota; Nov. 21 – Emily Moore, South Dakota State
MEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
ISAAC MORRIS, SOUTH DAKOTA
So. // Albuquerque, N.M.
- Collected his fifth career Summit League Diver of the Week honor, third this season
- Placed in the top three in both events at the Rochester Invite
- Ranks eighth in Summit League history on the 3-meter (11 dives) with a score of 500.30
- Score on the 1-meter (450.85) puts him fourth in South Dakota history for 11 dives
Also nominated: Jake Ryor, Denver; Colin Parker, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Oct. 24 – Joey Weber, South Dakota State; Oct. 31 – Jake Ryor, Denver; Nov. 7 – Isaac Morris, South Dakota; Nov. 14 – Isaac Morris; Nov. 21 – Mitchell Raihle, South Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.