ELMHURST, Ill. – Western Illinois junior guard Taylor Higginbotham was named Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week for her performances, Nov. 27 – Dec. 3.
Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Jr. // G // Germantown, Wis.
- Earned her second career Player of the Week award
- Scored a career-high 29 points on 10-of-14 (.714) shooting, along with a career-best six three-pointers, in a road win at Wichita State
- Tallied 17 points with a career-high 14 rebounds and six steals in the win over Chicago State
- For the week, averaged 23.0 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.0 steals and 3.5 assists per game
- Shot 57.1 percent (16-of-28) from the field, 61.5 percent (8-of-13) from behind the arc and was a perfect 6-for-6 at the line
Also nominated: Carie Weinman, Denver; Anna Lappenküper, Fort Wayne; Ellie Brecht, Omaha; Faith Ihim, Oral Roberts; Myah Selland, South Dakota State
Previous honorees: Nov. 13 – Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Nov. 20 – Allison Arens, South Dakota; Nov. 27 – Courtney Vaccher, Omaha/Madison Guebert, South Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League raised its RPI for the third consecutive year, finishing with an all-time best No. 11 ranking. The Summit League has sent at least three teams to the postseason nine straight years with three postseason tournament semifinal appearances the last four years, while recording the nation's best Division I winning percentage improvement since 2009-10. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships annually ranks as one of the most attended Division I conference tournaments. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.