ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota sophomore guard Ciara Duffy was named The Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week for her performances, Jan. 1-7.
Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
So. // G // Rapid City, S.D.
- Earned her second career Player of the Week honor after leading South Dakota to a pair of huge road wins
- Scored 21 points, grabbed nine rebounds (four offensive) and dished out five assists in the win at Western Illinois
- Tallied 16 points with four assists and two steals in a victory at North Dakota State
- For the week, averaged 18.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists per game, while shooting 61 percent (14-of-23) from the field and 60 percent (6-of-10) from three-point range
- The Coyotes sit atop the league standings with a 3-0 record
Also nominated: Jordyn Alt, Denver; De'Jour Young, Fort Wayne; Madison Guebert, South Dakota State; Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Nov. 13 – Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Nov. 20 – Allison Arens, South Dakota; Nov. 27 – Courtney Vaccher, Omaha/Madison Guebert, South Dakota State; Dec. 4 – Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois; Dec. 11 – Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Dec. 18 – Faith Ihim, Oral Roberts; Dec. 26 – Emily Clemens, Western Illinois/Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Jan. 2 – Emily Clemens, Western Illinois/Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League raised its RPI for the third consecutive year, finishing with an all-time best No. 11 ranking. The Summit League has sent at least three teams to the postseason nine straight years with three postseason tournament semifinal appearances the last four years, while recording the nation's best Division I winning percentage improvement since 2009-10. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships annually ranks as one of the most attended Division I conference tournaments. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.