By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota State sophomore guard/forward Myah Selland has been named The Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 18.5 points and nine rebounds in the Jackrabbits two wins last week.
Selland and the Jackrabbits went 2-0 last week and sit along at the top of The Summit League standings. Selland helped guide South Dakota State with two solid all-around games against Denver and Oral Roberts. Against the Pioneers Selland recorded her second career double-double with 18-points and 11 rebounds. She followed that up with another impressive game, scoring 19-points and grabbing seven rebounds.
Player of the Week
Myah Selland, South Dakota State
So. | Guard/Forward | Letcher, S.D.
• Averaged 18.5 points and nine rebounds in the Jackrabbits two wins last week
• Recorded her second career double-double with 18-points and 11 rebounds against Denver. Her 11 rebounds were a season-high
• Grabbed 14 offensive boards and four defensive boards
• She shot 52 percent from the field and 78 percent from the free throw line
• This is Selland's first career player of the week honor
Also nominated: Jaelencia Williams, Purdue Fort Wayne; Michelle Gaislerova, North Dakota State; Lexi Klabo, North Dakota; Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota; Olivia Kaufmann, Western Illinois
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Nov. 26: Madison Nelson, Denver
Dec. 3: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Dec. 10: Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota
Dec. 17: Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
Dec. 22: Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Dec. 31: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Jan. 7: Lauren Loven, Denver
Jan. 14: Myah Selland, South Dakota State