Score: No. 3 Denver 1, No. 2 IUPUI 0
Records: Denver (10-8-1), IUPUI (7-10-3)
Location: CIBER Field - Denver, Colo.
DENVER -- Third-seeded Denver downed No. 2 IUPUI by a 1-0 score to advance to its second consecutive Summit League Championship match Thursday night.
After a scoreless first half, Denver's Brooke Boothe connected on the lone goal of the game in the 58th minute. She corralled a blocked shot by teammate Lauren Conley following a corner kick and put it past IUPUI goalie Catherine Schmidt.
The goal was Boothe's third of the season.
The Jaguars had a pair of opportunites to tie the match only to have Kalli Shepler-Tucker's blast saved and Anna Rode's attempt go wide.
Denver's Brooke Boothe netted the game-winning and lone goal of the match in the 58th minute to secure the win for the Pioneers.
Inside The Box Score
- Sam Harder led Denver with three shots while Kalli Shepler-Tucker had two to lead IUPUI.
- The Pioneers had a 16-4 advantage in shots and 4-2 edge in corner kicks.
- 10 different players had at least one shot for Denver.
News & Notes
- Denver improves to 3-0 all-time in Summit League Tournament history and collected its second shutout all-time in tournament action.
- Nine of Denver's 10 victories this season have come by one goal while this marks its seventh 1-0 win.
No. 3 Denver faces No. 1 South Dakota State in The Summit League Championship match Saturday at 1 p.m. (MT). The match will be televised live on ESPN3 and Altitude Sports.