Score: No. 1 South Dakota State 2, No. 4 North Dakota State 1
Records: South Dakota State (10-7-1), North Dakota State (8-8-2)
Location: CIBER Field - Denver, Colo.
DENVER -- No. 1 South Dakota State held off a late attack from No. 4 North Dakota State for a 2-1 win in the first Summit League Tournament semifinal match.
Tori Poole scored just 41 seconds into the match to set a new Summit League Tournament record for quickest goal scored. She took a pass from Diana Potterveld, her 12th assist of the year, and drilled it past the Bison goalie.
The Jackrabbits would go into halftime with a 1-0 lead.
Poole would strike again in the 59th minute as she netted a loose ball from eight yards out for the eventual game-winner.
North Dakota State's Anisha Kinnarath pulled the Bison to within a goal as she drilled home a free kick from 20 yards out in the 80th minute. NDSU's Genna Joyce nearly tied the match only to have her shot saved by SDSU goalkeeper Nicole Inskeep.
South Dakota State's Tori Poole netted the eventual game-winner in the 59th minute as she contolled a loose ball in the box.
Inside The Box Score
- North Dakota State goalie Sierra Bonham had three saves while her counterpart SDSU's Nicole Inskeep was credited with two stops.
- Alyssa Brazil and Tori Poole led the Jackrabbits with four shots apiece while Anisha Kinnarath had three to lead the Bison.
- South Dakota State held a 14-9 shot advantage.
News & Notes
- South Dakota State's Tori Poole scored 41 seconds into the game, setting a new Summit League Tournament and SDSU record.
- The Jackrabbits become the third-straight No. 1 seed to advance to the championship match.
- With the win, its the first victory in The Summit League Tournament for South Dakota State since 2009.
- Tori Poole's four points are tied for fourth in Summit League Tournament history for an individual match record.
South Dakota State will take on the winner of the (2) IUPUI vs. (3) Denver match on Saturday at 1 p.m. (MT).