ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State forward Nicole Hatcher earned The Summit League Offensive Player of the Week award, while North Dakota State goalkeeper Monica Polgar garnered the Defensive Player of the Week honor. Hatcher scored two goals on the weekend, one in a 1-1 draw with North Dakota, the other a game-winner against Northern Colorado. Polgar made a career-high nine saves in the Bison shutout victory over Utah Valley.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
NICOLE HATCHER, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // F // Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Earned her third career Player of the Week accolade and first of the 2017 season
- Netted the first goal of the game against North Dakota in a 1-1 tie played in a torrential downpour
- Scored the game-winning goal against Northern Colorado, a team that entered the match with a 6-2 record
- Has recorded goals in three consecutive matches
Also nominated: Kendall Quinn, Fort Wayne; Hanna Norman, North Dakota State, Emily Bollman, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Aug. 21 – Jessie Dancy, Denver; Aug. 28 – Hannah Adler, Denver; Sept. 5 – Taryn LaBree, South Dakota and Leah Manuleleua, South Dakota State; Sept. 11 – Abby Meader, Omaha;
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MONICA POLGAR, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
So. // GK // Cupertino, Calif.
- Earned her fourth career Player of the Week accolade and first of the 2017 season
- Posted a shutout in the Bison 2-0 victory over Utah Valley
- Compiled four saves in the first half, before stopping five shots in the second
- Career-high nine saves in total for the victory
Also nominated: Kayla McCormick, Western Illinois; Abby Meader, Omaha
Previous recipients: Aug. 21 – Brittany Wilson, Denver; Aug. 28 – Brittney Lewis, Denver; Sept. 5 – Coral Suarez, South Dakota; Sept. 11 – Jessica Bollinger, Omaha;
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.