Sep 25, 2019
Sioux Falls, S.D. -- North Dakota State's Elyse Huber was named both the league's Co-Offensive Player of the Week and the United Soccer Coaches Player of the week after her four-goal performance against Eastern Washington. South Dakota State has won five-straight matches and will host New Mexico State on Saturday.
• SDSU moved to the top of the league standings and bring a five-match winning streak into the week after rolling off victories over Hawaii, Eastern Washington, Minnesota, Northern Iowa and Northern Illinois. The Jacks are now No. 10 in the United Coaches West Region Top 10 poll this week.
• Sophomore Rachel Preston earned this week's defensive player of the week honors after anchoring the defense to two shutouts during a 2-0-0 weekend.
• NDSU senior Elyse Huber was not only named this week's Summit League Co-Offensive Player of the Week, she was also named the United Soccer Coaches National Player of the Week after equaling a league single-match record with four goals in a 4-2 win at Eastern Washington. Huber now leads the league in goals (9) and points (18) this season.
• South Dakota is winners of three-straight matches after beating Wyoming, 3-2 in double overtime and defeating Northern Colorado, 1-0.
• Junior midfielder Alexis Mitchell was named the Summit League Co-Offensive Player of the Week after recording a pair of game-winning goals on the road.
• North Dakota's four-match winning streak came to an end at Boise State and Idaho. The Fighting Hawks will take a week off before opening league play on Thursday, Oct. 3 vs. South Dakota.
• Western Illinois snapped a four-match skid and earned its victory at home after beating Northern Iowa 3-2. Sophomore forward Amy Andrews scored her team-leading fourth goal of the season at the 53rd-minute mark.
• Purdue Fort Wayne was outshot 7-0 last week as the Mastodons lost a pair of matches at Ball State and Indiana State. Although the Mastodons have lost two- straight matches, their 4-3-2 record is still the best record through nine games in program history.
• Omaha sophomore Tabitha Allberg tapped in the golden goal in the 96th-minute off a corner kick to give the Mavericks a 1-0 win at Drake. This is the second straight season Allberg netted a game-winning goal against Drake.
• The Mavericks' defense has allowed zero or one goal in eight of its first nine matches.
• Oral Roberts went 1-1-0 on the weekend as the Golden Eagles cruised to an 8-1 win against Chicago State, followed by a 2-0 loss to Kansas City. Marina Solberg, Kelli Keller and Pamela Caballeros each recorded their first goal of the season.
• Denver suffered a 2-0 loss to Colorado and has now scored one goal in its last four matches. The Pioneers will head to the Golden State this week as they will face UC Riverside and CSUN before opening up league play.
Follow The Summit League