Score: No. 1 Denver 4, No. 2 South Dakota 0 | Box Score
Records: No. 45 Denver (18-6), South Dakota (10-15)
Location: West Indy Racquet Club (Indianapolis, Ind.)
INDIANAPOLIS – Top-seeded and No. 45 ranked Denver rolled past No. 2 seed South Dakota, 4-0, to claim its fourth consecutive Summit League Women's Tennis Championship.
The Pioneers jumped ahead 1-0 with the doubles point. The No. 2 tandem of Bianca Mok and Morgan Barnhill posted a 6-0 victory ahead of the nation's No. 15 duo of Julia O'Loughlin and Summit League Player of the Year Maureen Slattery, who also posted a 6-0 win at No. 1.
Mok completed Denver's initial singles victory with a shutout (0 and 0) at No. 3. Slattery followed with a straight-set (1 and 1) triumph at No. 2 to put the Pioneers up 3-0 and on the verge of the clinching win.
O'Loughlin sealed the victory with a 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 1.
Mok made quick work at No. 3 singles with a 6-0, 6-0 win to put Denver up 2-0.
Inside The Box Score
- Denver outscored South Dakota 17-0 in the three doubles matches.
- Mok held her opponent(s) scoreless in both singles and doubles play.
- The Pioneers did not trail in any set during the match.
News & Notes
- Denver became only the second Summit League team, and first since 2002, to win four consecutive tournament titles.
- The Pioneers have won all eight of its all-time Summit League Tournament matches by shutout (4-0).
- Denver has outscored Summit League competition 50-0 in their eight matches this season.
- DU extended its win streak to 10 matches.
- South Dakota made its first appearance in The Summit League Championship match.
Denver will represent The Summit League at the NCAA Championship. The Women's Tennis bracket is scheduled to be announced Tuesday, May 2 at 5:30 p.m. ET on NCAA.com.