ELMHURST, Ill. – Omaha's Michelle Lo was named Summit League Women's Tennis Player of the Week for her performance March 6-12.
MICHELLE LO, OMAHA
Sr. // Hong Kong, China
- Earned her second career Player of the Week honor and first of the season
- Went 2-0 at No. 1 singles and 2-0 at No. 1 doubles during the week
- Rallied to best Chicago State's Mariya Kostyuk (6-7 (3-7), 6-2, 6-4)
- Defeated Oakland's Dasha Artamonova in straight sets (3 and 4)
- Teamed for wins over CSU's tandem (6-2) and OU's duo (6-1)
- Improved her season singles record to 5-6 and doubles mark to 8-2
Also nominated: Bianca Mok, Denver; Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota; Jan. 30 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 6 – Bianca Mok, Denver; Feb. 13 – Julia O'Loughlin; Feb. 20 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 27 - Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; March 6 – Marie Kapelevich, Omaha
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.