Score: No. 2 IUPUI 3, No. 3 South Dakota 0
Records: IUPUI (20-12), South Dakota (19-12)
Location: The Jungle – Indianapolis, Ind.
INDIANAPOLIS – Second-seeded IUPUI downed No. 3 South Dakota in straight sets (25-16, 25-23, 25-16) on Saturday night to advance to its third consecutive Summit League Championship match.
The Jaguars will look to repeat as Summit League Tournament Champions in a rematch of last year's championship match against Denver.
IUPUI's outside hitters, Kaitlyn Hickey and Meredith Farkas, combined for 26 kills, over half of the Jaguars offensive output.
In a close back and forth second set with 14 ties and seven lead changes, IUPUI was able to score the last two points to claim the set 25-23 and take a 2-0 lead into the break.
Inside The Box Score
- IUPUI had a pair of players record double-digit kills as Kaitlyn Hickey led the way with a match-high 14 kills and Meredith Farkas had 12. Hickey added 15 digs for a double-double, while teammate Alexis Mapes recorded a 37-assist, 10-dig double-double.
- IUPUI's Kelly Wachtel was perfect at the net with nine kills in 16 attempts for a .562 clip.
- Defensively, Beth Howard, two-time Summit League Defensive Player of the Year, led the Jaguars with a match-high 18 digs.
- Kendall Kritenbrink led South Dakota with 11 kills , while Melissa Firtko was error free at the net with seven kills in 17 attempts for a .412 hitting percentage.
- USD's Brittany Jessen tallied a 31-assist, 11-dig double-double.
News & Notes
- IUPUI advances to its third consecutive Summit League Championship match and looks to repeat as Summit League Tournament Champions in a rematch of last year's championship match against Denver.
- South Dakota ends its season at 19-12.
No. 2 IUPUI secures a spot in its third-straight The Summit League Championship match against No. 1 Denver on Sunday at 4 p.m. (ET). The championship match will be a battle of the co-regular season league champions and a rematch of last year's championship match.