ELMHURST, Ill. – The Summit League released its 2018 league schedules for the spring sports of baseball and softball today.
The double round-robin league baseball schedule begins March 16, consisting of a pair of three-game series' among the six Summit League teams. A few of the key baseball series' are outlined below. The 2018 Summit League Baseball Tournament is set for May 23-26, at J.L. Johnson Stadium in Tulsa, Okla.
- March 16-18: North Dakota State (regular season and tournament runner-up) at Western Illinois; South Dakota State at Oral Roberts (regular season and tournament champion)
- March 30-April 1: North Dakota State at Oral Roberts (first rematch of last season's championship game)
- May 4-6: Oral Roberts at North Dakota State (second rematch of last season's championship game)
- May 17-19 (final week of the regular season): Oral Roberts at Fort Wayne; South Dakota State at North Dakota State; Western Illinois at Omaha
The league softball schedule is slated to start the weekend of March 24-25. A few of the key softball series' are outlined below. North Dakota State will host the 2018 Summit League Softball Tournament for the sixth consecutive season and seventh overall at the Ellig Sports Complex in Fargo, N.D., May 9-12.
- April 7-8: Omaha at North Dakota State (opening league series for last season's tournament champion)
- April 21-22: North Dakota State at South Dakota
- May 4-5: (final week of the regular season): Omaha at Fort Wayne; Western Illinois at North Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.