ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts catcher Riley Keizor was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while Oral Roberts relief pitcher Kyler Stout earned the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances March 5-11.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Riley Keizor, Oral Roberts
So. // C // Verdigris, Okla.
- Collected his first career Player of the Week award
- Recorded at least one hit in four games vs. nationally-ranked foes, including two in all three games at No. 25 Dallas Baptist
- Helped the Golden Eagles to wins over No. 22 Wichita State and No. 25 Dallas Baptist
- For the week, batted .467 (7-of-15) with a .533 slugging percentage and .467 on-base percentage
- Had two RBI, a double, one run scored and a sacrifice hit with no errors in the field
Also nominated: Brady Hettinger, Fort Wayne
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Logan Busch, North Dakota State; March 5 – Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts
Sr. // RHP // Tulsa, Okla.
- Secured his second career Pitcher of the Week honor and first this season
- Collected his league-leading fifth save of the season in the 2-1 win over No. 22 Wichita State
- Tossed 2.0 innings, including striking out the side in the bottom of the ninth, to earn the win over No. 25 Dallas Baptist
- For the week, pitched 3.1 innings with six strikeouts, two walks and no runs scored
Also nominated: Damian Helm, Fort Wayne; Spencer Koelewyn, Omaha
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; March 5 – Payton Kinney, Omaha
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.