ELMHURST, Ill. – Drake's Finley Hall was named Summit League Men's Tennis Player of the Week for his performance Feb. 6-12.
FINLEY HALL, DRAKE
Fr. // Wellington, New Zealand
- Received his first career Player of the Week award
- Collected three singles victories, including a league win, and a pair of doubles wins
- Defeated South Dakota State's Marco Paulo Castro (2 and 1) at No. 4 position
- Topped Iowa's Will Davies (3 and 4) and Arizona's Carlos Hassey (4-6, 7-5, 6-2)
- Teamed for a 6-4 win over Arizona's duo at No. 2 doubles to help secure Drake's 4-2 team win
- Helped team to 3-0 record during week, including a 7-0 victory over Summit foe SDSU
Also nominated: Matt Summers, Denver; Igor Kolaric, Illinois State; Nathan Reekie, Omaha; Chad Kissell, Valparaiso
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Ben Clark, Drake; Jan. 30 – Vinny Gillespie, Drake; Feb. 6 – Razvan Grigorescu, Omaha
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.